Tropical Rugby 7s Orlando Information
Tropical Rugby 7s Orlando
- Tropical 7s takes place from 06th – 12th April 2020.
- Tournament runs over two days 10th-11th April 2020 at the Omni Orlando Resort.
- Minimum of 6 matches for every team (group games and playoffs)
- Team managers/coaches invited to Opening Reception.
- Tropical 7s Athlete Combine (physical conditioning tests).
- Social programme available for teams including visit to a local attraction (e.g. NBA game, theme park etc)
- US College Rugby recruitment programme.
- Coaching sessions available with Tropical 7s resident international coaches
- Hotel Accommodation available directly on-site.
- Self-Catering also available nearby.
- Pitches available to teams for training and organised team scrimmages.
- Trophy Presentation & Awards Ceremony
- Closing Pool Party at the Omni Resort.
- Tournament sanctioned by USA Rugby
SAMPLE TOUR ITINERARY
Tropical Rugby 7s Orlando Tour Itinerary
TROPICAL 7S TOUR ITINERARY
- Depart from your selected airport of departure to Orlando International Airport.
- Transfer from airport accommodation
- Optional activity for the day.
- Evening dinner at a local restaurant or accommodation.
- Selected activity for the evening.
- Return to accommodation.
- Early breakfast at your accommodation.
- Acclimatisation day.
- Light training session – training balls & equipment available.
- Free Afternoon, could take a trip to Gatorland or Boggy Creek airboat ride.
- Enjoy the pool and leisure facilities at the Omni Resort.
- Evening dinner at local restaurant or accommodation.
- Breakfast at accommodation.
- Pitches available all day for training sessions.
- Day visit to one of Orlando’s tourist attractions or theme parks.
- Participate in player evaluation tests.
- Transfers provided.
- Back to accommodation.
- Dinning at local restaurant or accommodation.
- Coaches and managers evening dinner.
- Return to accommodation.
- Morning breakfast.
- Pool Play begins 3/4 scheduled during the day.
- Time for lunch.
- Attend a group trip to a professional sports match (e.g. NBA/MLS depending on fixtures).
- Diner: Pizza night.
- Hotel or other accommodation.
- American style breakfast.
- Tournament playoffs and finals.
- Trophy presentations.
- End of tournament pool party
- Night out at a local restaurant.
- Back to your accommodation.
- More American style breakfasts.
- Relaxing day at the pool or an added activity of your choice.
- Sea World awaits you if you wish.
- Space buffs can visit the Kennedy Space Centre.
- An evening at the Disney Springs where there is a retail area and restaurant.
- Return to accommodation.
- Up early breakfast awaits.
- Prepare to leave for Orlando International Airport.
Tropical Rugby 7s Orlando Accommodation
- Omni Orlando Resort – Championsgate (Host Venue)
- 5 minute walk to match fields
- Extensive pools including a wave pool, 850ft lazy river,
- 2 championship golf courses,
- 8 restaurants/eateries
- Various accommodation options available
- Free shuttle to Disney World Theme and Water Parks
- Budget hotel option: Red Lion Hotel – Kissimmee
- Select from nearby self-catering:
- Tuscana Resort Apartments – Championsgate
- The Fountains Vacation Town Houses- Championsgate
- Accommodation located in Championsgate – local restaurants, supermarket and pharmacy.
- 24 Hr assistance for all your queries.
- Toilet facilities and food available festival centre.
- Full American breakfast buffet as well as coffee shop
- Optional evening dinner.
AGE GRADE BRACKETS
- UNDER 23 MEN & WOMEN (ELITE & OPEN)
- Year Born – After 1st September 1997
UNDER 18 BOYS & GIRLS (ELITE & OPEN)
- Year Born – After 1st September 2002
UNDER 16 BOYS & GIRLS (OPEN)
- Year Born – After 1st September 2004
UNDER 14 BOYS (OPEN)
- Year Born – After 1st September 2006
OPTIONAL TOUR EXTRAS
Some Optional Tour Extras:
- Option to extend tour longer.
- Combine as part of a wider American or Caribbean tour.
- Return flights from the chosen airport.
- Airport transfers by minivan to and from Orlando International Airport.
- Coach transfers to and from departing airport.
- Day tent rental available at the fields
- Attend professional sports matches in Orlando e.g. Orlando Magic (NBA), Orlando City (MLS), Orlando Solar Bears (NHL) – subject to schedule.
- Visit some or Orlando’s best attractions e.g. Universal Studios, Hollywood Studios , Disney theme and water parks, Kennedy Space Centre, Gatorland, Airboat rides etc.
- Spend a day at Daytona Beach or Coco Beach or visit Busch Gardens in Tampa.
Other Irish Rugby Tours Festivals & Tournaments
Irish Rugby Tours Testimonials – What Our Groups say
CONTACT US NOW
- RT @billyholland: Tune in to the @RTELateLateShow tomorrow night at 9.35pm on RTÉ 1 where my wife and I will tell the story of our brave da…2 days ago
- COMPETITION TIME! Fancy a pair of tickets to #IrevSco in the #6nations tournament? What you must do: 1) RT + FOLLOW… https://t.co/k7qgazArUk5 days ago
- Want to know some of the best bars to watch the 6 Nations in Dublin? Check out our most recent blog on our website… https://t.co/UPUDkhTg8d5 days ago
- The always impressive @CliffsofMoher1 didn’t let us down today. Our team from @FURFC @FordhamClub_Rec got a good b… https://t.co/u6zLM6YP1I10 days ago
- Great contest & great craic @Galwegians_RFC for our group from @FURFC @FordhamClub_Rec Sincere thanks to our hosts… https://t.co/kqCW5netSu12 days ago
- Skill and dedication was on display @connachtrugby for our group from @FURFC @FordhamClub_Rec who were treated to a… https://t.co/EOFcNWxHKe13 days ago
Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TA 0760